The great Canelo Alvarez will be back in action later tonight (Sat., May 8, 2021) live on DAZN from inside AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Tex., as the WBA (Super), WBC, and The Ring super middleweight champion takes on undefeated WBO champion Billy Joe Saunders in a highly-anticipated main event.
Alvarez, who will be fighting for the third time since Dec. 2020, is coming off a masterful TKO performance over WBC title challenger Avni Yildirim (highlights HERE). Before that, Canelo knocked off Callum Smith via unanimous decision to claim the super middleweight titles he currently possesses. The Mexican champion has looked like an unstoppable force of nature of late and plans to keep things moving as he further cements is status as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport today, if not the best.
Saunders, 31, will be coming into this fight as a sizeable underdog, but has all the skills to give Canelo a real run for his money. The undefeated southpaw fighter captured his WBO super middleweight strap back in 2019 and has recorded two-straight defenses since then. Saunders is a serviceable champion who will possess a small height and reach advantage over Alvarez so maybe that will come into play.
While UFC Vegas 26 will be turning in some solid combat action later tonight on ESPN (follow the results HERE), ‘Canelo vs. Saunders’ will be a championship bout fight fans won’t want to miss. Check below for the full viewing details for ‘Canelo vs. Saunders’ which goes down later tonight live on DAZN:
- Saturday, May 8, 2021, from inside the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas
- Main card begins at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT
- “Canelo vs. Saunders” main event begins around 11 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. PT
All the information you need on how to watch Canelo vs. Saunders this weekend on DAZN
— DAZN Boxing (@DAZNBoxing) May 5, 2021
- “Canelo vs. Saunders” main card can be viewed through the DAZN network. Subscriptions run $19.99 per month.
- “Canelo vs. Smith” main card will be accessible through DAZN via Android, Amazon Fire, and Apple.
- Super Middleweight: Canelo Alvarez (55-1-2, 37 KO) vs. Billy Joe Saunders (30-0, 14 KO)
- Junior Flyweight: Elwin Soto (18-1, 12 KO) vs. Katsunari Takayama (32-8, 12 KO)
- Super Welterweight: Kieron Conway (16-1-1, 3 KO) vs. Souleymane Cissokho (12-0, 8 KO)
- Heavyweight: Frank Sanchez (17-0, 13 KO) vs. Nagy Aguilera (21-10, 14 KO)
MMAmania.com will deliver LIVE coverage of tonight’s main event below. The DAZN-streamed broadcast (watch it here) kicks off at 8 p.m. ET, with Alvarez and Saunders likely to make the walk closer to 11 p.m. ET.